Sunday, July 8, 2007

Well, Darn! I took 26 pictures today, was going to post about 10 of the best.. Vista got me again, I deleted them off the memory card, thought they were in my blog folder, but guess they didn't make it. When you take them off the card, they don't go into the recycle bin, so they are gone forever..Oh , Well.
I left Willow Creek this morning at 5 AM. Beautiful ride along Hwy 299, along the Trinity River and through the Trinity Alps. Saw several deer in the early morning, the smells of the evergreens were nice and fresh. Was up to 86 degrees when I gassed up in Redding about 7 in the morning. Cooled off climbing the Siskiyous, left I-5 at Weed, then up 97 to Klamath Falls. Lots of farms and ranches along the way, temp. was perfect in the low 80's. After I got on Hwy 140 going East, it warmed up into the low 90. Lots of cattle ranches. hay farms, and other agriculture along the high plains. went over 3 passes over 5,000 feet. At Lakeview, I headed north again on Hwy395. Arrived Riley on Hwy 20 in a cloud of smoke. There are huge wild fires for approximately 40 miles along the Hwy. It had been closed on and off all day, but I wasn't held up getting to Burns. Forecast was to hit 98, but was only 92 when I arrived at the Days Inn. I'm disappointed about losing the pictures..and, there won't be much to shoot tomorrow except for the bike trade. Eastern Oregon and Western Idaho is pretty boring.

No comments: